Flying Pirate Half Marathon Weekend
Thank you 2013 Flying Pirate Participants! We hope that you had a great time at our event. The weather was perfect and you all looked great out there. The costumes were amazing and we appreciate you coming to our beach to be Pirates for a day! Arrrgghh!
See you next year!
"I run a lot of races every year. Your event is well organized, the finisher medals are unique, the other swags are pretty nice, the tech shirt and cotton shirt are outstanding, the post race party is fun and the course is beautiful. The volunteers were some of the most enthusiastic I've ever seen and everyone that I encountered was pleasent, helpful and courteous. This was truly a well organized, professional and fun event. I will recommend it to all of my running friends." ~ Ron P. 2013 Flying Pirate participant
HAVE YOU SEEN THE VIDEO!? CHECK IT OUT!
Find pricing information on the Registration page.
Check Out All The Events:
News & Updates:
Costume Contest, Double Dare Challenge
Get your Pirate gear on and win the Giant Pirate Trophy! Teams of 2 or more will be judged. Get creative, funny and/or fancy! Enthusiasm Counts!
Second and Third prizes will win too! Sinbad-Jim is working on those awards right now.
Here are the details for the Half Marathon & Double Dare Challengers:
- Free parking - free shuttle service - bag check
- Free runner beer & food at the Pirate Jamboree Finish Line. (All scallywags are invited!)
- Shake yer booty with live music by The Crowd!
- SWAG - Hoist a Pirate Pint - 16 ouncer, The secret Black Pearl Charm to marvel your mates!
- Finishers get a Pirate Shackle when they cross the Finish Line!
- And the awesome Pirate Event Shirt & Medal
- Brave Challengers will earn the 5K shirt & cool 3D medal, the Half Marathon shirt, medal & other swag
- AND A COOL DOUBLE DARE CHALLENGER MEDAL! Guaranteed to impress your crew with this bit of bling!
New for 2013: Double Dare Challenge Awards for
Overall Top Male Finisher and Top Female Finisher!
Double Dare Challenge?
Run the 5K on Saturday and the 13.1 on Sunday! YOU CAN DO IT!
The Flying Pirate Half Marathon course winds its way through the natural beauty that is North Carolina’s Outer Banks. Run the 13.1 miles and cover some spectacular ground -
Kitty Hawk to Nags Head, along the Albemarle Sound, around the Wright Brothers National Memorial, and through the Nags Head Woods Maritime Forest. Finish with a Pirate Jamboree in Nags Head!