Flying Pirate Half Marathon & First Flight 5K -
April 21 - 23, 2017
- 2 Day Jolly Roger Pirate Expo
- First Flight 5K - Event Shirt & Custom First Flight 5K Finisher Medal!
- Free parking
- Free shuttle service & bag check for 13.1
- PACERS! 1:45 2:00 2:25 2:30
- Free runner beer & food at the Pirate Jamboree Finish Line.
(All scallywags are invited!)
- Shake yer booty with live music at the Pirate Jamboree Finish!
- 13.1 Finishers SWAG! Just cross the Finish Line!
- And the amazing Flying Pirate Event Shirt & Medal
- Brave Double Dare Challengers will earn the 5K shirt & medal, the Half Marathon shirt & medal & swag
- AND A COOL DOUBLE DARE CHALLENGER MEDAL!
Yo! Thats 2 Shirts and 3 Medals! Guaranteed to impress your crew with this bling!
- WHO'S COMING TO THE FLYING PIRATE?!
Costume Contest Matey!
Get your Pirate gear on and win! Get creative, funny and/or fancy!
Enthusiasm Counts! Show your stuff at a special Mile Marker judging spot.Prizes will be awarded at the Post Race Jamboree. Win a free entry to 2018! Yo Ho HO!
Double Dare Challenge Awards for Overall Top Male Finisher and Top Female Finisher!
Run the 5K on Saturday and the 13.1 on Sunday! YOU CAN DO IT!
A fun filled Pirate themed Half Marathon! Happening on the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina! Run the Half Marathon 13.1 miles and cover some spectacular ground. Join the Outer Banks pirates for this fantastic race. Begin in Kitty Hawk and follow the course into Nags Head along the Albemarle Sound, arount the Wright Brothers National Memorial, and through nags Head Woods Maritime Forest. Finish with a Pirate Jamboree in Nags Head!
2016 RUNNER TESTIMONIAL
The Flying Pirate is a super race-beautiful course, wonderful management and great volunteers. But the thing that really sets it apart is the way the community embraces the event. A couple passing out champagne shots, the hopscotch course, the random Deejays inspiring us with Michael Jackson jams & Eye of the Tiger riffs from their front porches. And the infinite supply of hand clappers & cowbells motivating runners from mile 1 to mile 13. Running can be a meditative, solitary experience, but when you're working to take it to the next level-a PR, a new distance, not being last in your age group-cheerleaders can make all the difference. The Flying Pirate race captures why people run from the community of runners to the #obxcommunity letting us run on their home turf. It's a celebration of all running can be and proof positive that the best runs are not about the race but the journey.
News & Updates:
January 2017 Flying Pirate Newsletter
March 2016 Flying Pirate Newsletter
February 2016 Flying Pirate Newsletter
View the 2015 Flying Pirate Half Marathon Video Here!