Flying Pirate Half Marathon & First Flight 5K
May 3 & 4, 2014 5th ANNIVERSARY!
First Flight 5K and Double Dare Challenge are sold out!
The Flying Pirate Half Marathon course winds its way through the natural beauty that is North Carolina’s Outer Banks. Run the 13.1 miles and cover some spectacular ground - 2014 is the 5th Anniversary of this fun filled Pirate themed half marathon! Come to the Outer Banks and join the Pirate's for this fantastic race!
Begin in Kitty Hawk and follow the course into Nags Head, along the Albemarle Sound, around the Wright Brothers National Memorial, and through the Nags Head Woods Maritime Forest. Finish with a Pirate Jamboree in Nags Head!
Details for Half Marathon and Challenge participants:
- Free parking - free shuttle service - bag check
- Free runner beer & food at the Pirate Jamboree Finish Line. (All scallywags are invited!)
- Shake yer booty with live music!
- Finishers SWAG! Just cross the Finish Line!
- Special SWAG for 5th year runners!
- And the awesome Flying Pirate Event Shirt & Medal
- Brave Double Dare Challengers will earn the 5K shirt & medal, the Half Marathon shirt, medal & other swag
- AND A COOL DOUBLE DARE CHALLENGER MEDAL!
Yo! Thats 2 Shirts and 3 Medals! Guaranteed to impress your crew with this bling!
News & Updates:
Participants traveling from the North on 168, using the Wright Memorial Bridge may encounter a delay on or near the bridge which is still down to just one lane in each direction. Please be aware of the change in traffic pattern when you approach the bridge.
Get yer name on yer bib! Pirate names preferred!
You must register before Midnight April 13.
The 5K course map is ready! See the revised route.
Free Fun Run for the kids under 12! See the Fun Run page Medals at Finish (while they last...)
5th Year Runners recieve special SWAG. Yo!
Costume Contest Matey!
Get your Pirate gear on and win! Get creative, funny and/or fancy!
Enthusiasm Counts! Show your stuff at a special Mile Marker judging spot.Prizes will be awarded at the Post Race Jamboree. Win a free entry to 2014! Yo Ho HO!
NEW FOR 2014! Double Dare Challenge Awards for
Overall Top Male Finisher and Top Female Finisher!
Run the 5K on Saturday and the 13.1 on Sunday! YOU CAN DO IT!